Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission for the Academic Year 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Guidelines
The main objective of KVS is to cater to the educational needs of children of transferable and non-transferable Central government employees and children of ex- servicemen. This will also include children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India by providing a common programme of education.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Admission Portal 2023-24
Kendriya Vidyalaya Online Admission Portal kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
The Kendriya Vidyalaya online admission portal, kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in, offers candidates an opportunity to apply for Class 1 admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas across India for the academic year 2023-2024.
|1||Advertisement for admission||Latest by 25th March 2023|
|2||Online Registration for Class-I||27.03.2023 (Monday) 10:00 AM onwards|
|3||Last date of Online Registration for Class-I.||17.04.2023 (Monday) 7:00 PM|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Online Admission Form 2023-2024
Android Mobile App on Google Play for KVS Online Admission for Class I for 2023-2024
There are at present 1252 functional Kendriya Vidyalayas under the KVS including three abroad at Moscow, Kathmandu and Tehran.
|1252 KV School List and Admission Full Details 2023-24|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Schedule 2023-2024|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Guidelines 2023-2024|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Admission Notice 2023-2024|
An advertisement for online registration to Class-I shall be issued by the Regional Office in the local newspapers as per admission schedule and inviting Parents to register their wards for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas. This advertisement should specifically indicate that admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas are not restricted to Central Govt. employees and are open to all, only certain priorities have been laid down for different categories to regulate the admissions. The reservations for SC, ST, OBC-NCL and Differently Able under RTE Act 2009.
KVS Admission 2023-24 for Class 1 Age Limit | Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Age Limit 2023-24
A Child must be 6 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
A). The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes is given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
|Class||Age limit as on 31st March|
|1||6 to 8 years|
|2||7 to 9 years|
|3||7 to 9 years|
|4||8 to 10 years|
|5||9 to 11 years|
|6||10 to 12 years|
|7||11 to 13 years|
|8||12 to 14 years|
|9||13 to 15 years|
|10||14 to 16 years|
Note : The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in case of Differently abled children by the Principal.
There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
KVS Class 1 Online Admission Form 2023-24 Schedule
|Online Registration Start Date||27.3.2023||Monday (10:00 AM)|
|Online Registration Last Date||17.4.2023||Monday (7:00 PM)|
|First Admission List Date||20.4.2023||Thursday|
|Second Admission List Date||28.4.2023||Friday|
|Third Admission List Date||4.5.2023||Thursday|
Documents required for Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 for 2023-24
- For Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel. For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department would be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth should be returned to the parent after verification. Admissions up to class-VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
- A certificate that the child belongs to the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL wherever applicable, issued by the Competent Authority in concerned State Government/Union Government. The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 03 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India certifying the child is handicapped, wherever applicable. In case, where the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the Competent Authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- Proof of Residence
(i) Mere registration will not confer a right to admission.
(ii) Incomplete application forms shall normally be rejected. In case vacancies remain, Principal may allow completion of the form later at his/her discretion.
(iii) Admission secured on the basis of any wrong certificate shall be cancelled by the Principal forthwith and no appeal against such action of the Principal shall be entertained.
(iv) For admission to class I, the registrations will be done through online mode. In a double shift Kendriya Vidyalaya, each shift will be treated as separate Vidyalaya for admission purpose. No change of shift will be permitted. If multiple registration forms are submitted for the same child in the same Kendriya Vidyalaya, only the last application will be considered.
In respect of Category I, II, III and IV admissions the veracity of the Certificates submitted by the parents in proof of their service must be invariably verified by the Principal.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admission Selection Procedure 2023-24
Admissions for class I are being done through online mode & for other classes it is offline.
Composition of Committee for Offline Draw of lots: Every Kendriya Vidyalaya will constitute a committee for the purpose of monitoring a system of Draw of Lots to be held in GlassT or in any other class (for offline mode only) wherever such stage is reached when all candidates of a particular category or having same number of transfers cannot be accommodated against available number of seats.
The committee will comprise the following five (05) members: –
1. Principal – Convener
2. Teacher – Member (To be nominated by Principal)
(3&4) Two parents (One lady) – Members (One parent has to be from the candidates to be considered under section 12(1)(c) of RTE Act 2009)
5- VMC member – Member(To be nominated by Chairman, VMC)
• An additional 6th member can be nominated by the Principal from the students of class IX to XII wherever these classes exist.
• This committee may be notified with the concurrence of Chairman, VMC, atleast 5 days in advance of draw of lots and be displayed on School Notice Board.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Reservation Norms 2023-24
The reservation norms shall be applicable within approved class strength 40 students per section
- RTE 25%:10 seats
- SC 15%: 06 seats
- ST 7.5%: 03 seats
- OBC27%: 11 seats
(3% seats for the differently-abled applicant would be reserved horizontally)
After closing of process of registration, the sequence of conduct of lottery by each Kendriya Vidyalaya will be as under:
(a) RTE Lottery
(b) All DA Lotteries
(c) CAT I
(d) CAT II
(h) CAT III
(i) CAT IV
(k) CAT VI (If applicable)
(I) Single Girl Child (Hereafter referred to as ‘SGC’)
The following sequence is to be adopted for the fresh admissions to Class-I in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
(I) First Lot: 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) /Differently abled taken together who are the resident of Neighbourhood.
(II) Second Lot: Lottery for Differently Abled candidates of SC/ST/OBC- NCL/Unreserved is to be conducted as per Priority Category.
(III) Third Lot: Remaining seats (after deducting RTE and Differently Abled applicants, if any) wall be filled as per the existing Priority Category of Cat-i and Cat-2 (Cat-i to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL KV) only up to the sanctioned strength or till all the registered candidates from Cat-i and Cat-2 (Cat-1 to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL KV) is filled.
(IV) Fourth Lot: The total number of SC/ST/OBC-NCL will be counted from the admitted summary of RTE, DA, Cat-i and Cat-2 (Cat-1 to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL KV) admissions done till third phase. Thereafter, the shortfall-in the seats reserved for SC/ST/OBC-NCL, if any, shall be covered by admitting SC/ST/OBC-NCL applicants as per the order of priorities of admission, irrespective of sanctioned strength.
(V) Fifth Lot: After all these processes, if sanctioned strength is not filled and seats are vacant, applicants from Priority Cat-3 (Cat-4 in Project/IHL KV) onwards will be taken up for admission as per existing priority list for unreserved seats only. The unfilled leftover reserved seats of RTE/SC/ST/OBC (NCL) should be kept vacant.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Fee and Concessions 2023-2024
- No fee to be charged from the children admitted under the 25% quota prescribed under RTE Act 2009
- Expenses on account of NCERT text book, note books, stationary, uniform and transport will be reimbursed on production of proper bills in respect of 25% of the children admitted under the RTE Provisions subject to the ceiling prescribed and availability of funds.
- Once the children are admitted in Class I under RTE Act, they will continue to enjoy exemptions and concessions till class VIII either in the same KV or any other K.V. moving on transfer as per RTE Act.
- Address proof of the parent should be furnished at the time of the registration.
- The employees who have the facility of fee reimbursement in their departments cannot claim RTE concessions
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Classes 2 to 7
Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VII and the admission may be granted based on Priority Category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota (Class VI Onwards).
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 9
For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
(i) Admission test shall be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
(ii) There will be only one paper of Admission test of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science each of 20 marks.
(iii) Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 11
Admission in different streams, Science, Commerce & Humanities be based on merit upto maximum 55 strength in case of KV students as per availability of streams in the Kendriya Vidyalaya. Choice of stream will be taken from students with parent consent before declaration of merit list. Stream will be allotted on the basis of marks obtained in Class X CBSE Board Examination. Once the seats exhausted in one stream students have to take admission in the other available stream in that Vidyalaya. Undertaking is to be obtained from students before finalization of merit list by KV.
Note: If seats remain vacant in class XI even after admitting the children of KV/ neighboring KVs then the admissions to non – KV children may be granted on the same criteria, in the sequence of categories of priority.
Concessions wherever applicable shall be incorporated while preparing the Merit List.
Maximum concession under Sports/Games/NCC/Scout/Guide/Adventure will not exceed 6% Marks in aggregate. In case of eligibility for more than one concession under different categories as mentioned at (A) and (B) above, only one concession having maximum advantage to the candidate will be allowed. (The same benefit may be extended to non-KV Students for fresh admission in KVs.)
Is there an entrance exam for Kendriya Vidyalaya admission from 2nd to 8th class?
Entrance test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on Priority Category system.
What is the age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya for class 3?
Minimum Age for Class 3 Admission 2023-24 is 7 years; Maximum Age for Class 3 Admission 2023-24 is 9 Years
What is the age limit for 1st Standard in Kendriya Vidyalaya?
As per the new guidelines of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan 2022-23, the eligibility age for admission in class 1 is 6 years as on 31st March. And also the student born on 1st April should be considered.