Salient Features of Leave Module of HRMS
- Initial feeding of Leave Balance and online vetting by accounts
- Leave Application Form for all kinds of leaves including CL and RH
- Approval and real time update of Leave Record
- View Leave Balance and Ledger by employee
- Provision of Leave withdrawal and cancellation
- Customized Holiday Calendar for each primary unit.
- Online validations of all leave rules and real time update of record by the system.
- Provision for manual update of record in case of exigency followed by approval and vetting.
- Provision for updating initial leave balance for those returning from deputation and new joinees.
- Auto credit of Leave whenever due with access to Leave clerk to adjust if applicable, auto update of transactions in Leave Record Reports for all levels.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
PC-VII No. 209
RBE No: 94 /2023
New Delhi, Dated: 24/07/2023
The General Managers,
All India Railways & Production Units,
(As per mailing list)
Sub: Operationlization of Leave Management Module of HRMS in Indian Railways.
Development and testing of Leave Management Module of HRMS have been completed and is being operationalised w.e.f. 1st August 2023. The salient features of the Module are placed at Annexure ‘A’.
- With the launch of Leave Module of HRMS w.e.f. 1st August, 2023, all leave applications shall be processed only through Leave Module of HRMS and manual processing of leave shall be discontinued w.e.f. 1st August 2023 for the given type of leaves mentioned in the leave module.
- In order to facilitate the implementation of leave module, leave balance of each employee as available in IPAS has been ported to HRMS. However, since this balance is not a verified one, the ported data will be treated as provisional leave balance of each employee on the date of launch of leave module of HRMS. In order to finalise the leave balance, the balance ported from IPAS is required to be updated and vetted by Personnel and Accounts Department respectively.
- While vetting and updating the initial leave balance ported from IPAS, the following procedure shall be followed:
(i) For Non-Gazetted employees, Personnel Department will update and verify the initial opening balance of Leave (LAP, LHAP, CCL etc) from the leave records of employees taking into account of the leaves applied/availed manually upto 31st July 2023, in respect of the type of leaves mentioned in HRMS and thereafter the same is required to be vetted by the Accounts department. Leave record verified/updated/vetted by the Accounts Department will be the final leave balance of each employee as on 1st August, 2023.
(ii) For gazetted employees, since leave record is maintained by Accounts department, updation and vetting process taking into account of all the leaves applied manually upto 31st July 2023 in respect of the type of leaves mentioned in the leave module of HRMS shall be done by the concerned dealing official of Accounts department.
(iii) Since leave applications in respect of the Leave mentioned in HRMS are compulsorily required to be processed only through HRMS w.e.f. 01.08.2023, the balance thereafter will get updated automatically through system itself.
(iv) While updating the records of employees (Non-Gazetted / Gazetted), preference may be given to updating the leave records of such employees who are retiring in the next one year and those who have applied for LAP, LHAP and CCL.
(v) In case the leave record of any employee is shown as negative/blank and the employees are not able to apply any leave through HRMS, leave records of such employees shall be updated on priority.
(vi) Effort shall be taken to complete the updation process at the earliest, before crediting of leave for the next period.
(vii) Once the record is vetted, further data will be available online only. Further review or vetting of the previous data at the time of promotion or retirement is not needed. However, leave records of each employee is required to be preserved till further orders.
- Since this module is likely to have highest traction amongst employees, personnel department may take necessary steps to provide assistance and guidance to facilitate employees for applying leave through HRMS in the initial days.
- Detailed guidelines regarding the Leave module will be uploaded in the HRMS portal.
(V. G. Bhooma)
Principal Executive Director/HR