PCDA Circular No. C‐218 – Timely processing of pension and issue of PPOs to Defence Civilian Personnel
Implementation of project SPARSH, all types of claims of pensionary awards (viz. Service, Family and Disability Pension) to Defence Civilian Personnel are being processed through SPARSH only w.e.f. 01.08.2021.
Defence Pension Adalat 2022 through Video Conferencing in 3rd week of March 2022
Government of India
Ministry of Defence (Finance)
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Website: www.pcdapension.nic.in, email : email@example.com
FAX Tele: 0532-2421877;2421879;2421880, Extension:2106
Toll Free No: 1800-180-5321 (Timing-9:30 AM to 6:00 PM)
Circular No. C‐218
(All Head of Department under Min. of Defence)
Sub:‐ Timely processing of pension and issue of PPOs to Defence Civilian Personnel.
As per direction of competent authority after implementation of project SPARSH, all types of claims of pensionary awards (viz. Service, Family and Disability Pension) to Defence Civilian Personnel are being processed through SPARSH only w.e.f. 01.08.2021.
2. In this regard, Ministry of Defence has conveyed that due to Non‐adherence of timeline for processing of pension papers and non‐issuance of PPOs in time creates further delays in sanction of retirement dues and other pensionary awards. The delay in issuance of PPO and further retirement entitlements cause unnecessary agony and hardship to the individuals and their families. This situation sometimes forces the individuals to float grievances or file litigations.
3. In view of the above, it is stressed upon to all concerned for timely submission of all types of claims to this office through SPARSH for timely notification of PPOs well in advance of their superannuation to avoid further delays. Moreover, for death in service cases, efforts may be made to obtain all necessary documents from the NOK promptly, so as to initiate family case on SPARSH within one week on death to avoid any delay.
4. A copy of this circular is also available on the website of this office www.pcdapension.nic.in.
CDA (P) has seen.
(Rajendra Kumar Gupta)
PCDA Circular C‐218 PDF Download
General Instructions for SPARSH Pensioners:
It has come to Notice that some fake SMS and fraudulent links are being sent to pensioners mobile phones and email id’s where critical details are being asked from the pensioners. It is advised that for any inquiry, only the following two websites are to be used:
pcdapension.nic.in (official website of PCDA(P))
sparsh.defencepension.gov.in (official website of SPARSH)
In addition to above, Nodal officers nominated by PCDA(P) whose details are available on PCDA(P) website
are to be contacted.
In addition to above Pension Call Centre (Toll free no 18001805325 ) is also available.
Pension Call Centre
You may now contact us by using the Toll free number : 18001805325
For facilitating proper response please keep following intimation ready for submission to the Pension Call Centre executive
- PPO No.
- IC No. / Reg. No.
- Name of Pensioner / Family Pensioner
- Date of retirement / discharge / death
- Brief of points on which information / clarification requires.