ECHS – Rates for Treatment at Private HCOs Empanelled Under ECHS in View of Covid-19 Pandemic
Central Organisation, ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Thimayya Marg, Near Gopinath Circle,
29 Jul 2020
IHQ of MoD (Navy)/Dir ECHS (N)
DAV Subroto Park
All HQ Command (A/ECHS)
AMA ECHS, Embassy of India, Nepal
All Regional Centres
RATES FOR TREATMENT AT PRIVATE HEALTH CARE ORGANIZATIONS (HCOs) EMPANELLED UNDER ECHS – IN VIEW OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
1. Please ref Gol, Min of Defence letter No 22D(17)/2020/WE)/D(Res-l) dated 29 Jul 2020.
2. The guidelines and rates for treatment/ investigation at private HCOs empanelled under ECHS will be as given as under :-
(a) Rates for treatment for COVID-19 in private empanelled hospitals in respect of ECHS beneficiaries in a City shall be as per the package rates prescribed by the concerned State Government. In case no such rates have been prescribed by the State Government in any ECHS City, the rates prescribed by Govt of NCT Delhi shall be applicable till rates are notified by the concerned state Government.
(b) For non COVID related treatment in private hospitals empanelled under ECHS the Normal CGHS package rates shall be admissible. ECHS beneficiary shall undergo COVID-19 test as per the approved rate before elective treatment procedure.
(c) For treatment under emergency – the patient shall be treated in isolation ward till the COVID-19 test results is not available and rates as per isolation ward rates for one day shall be applicable. If the beneficiary is COVID-19 negative, he/ she shall be shifted to normal wards and normal CGHS rates will be applicable and if COVID-19 positive, he/ she shall be under treatment in COVID ward and prescribed rates shall be applicable.
(d) COVID test shall be permitted as per ICMR guidelines, and rate shall be as per the rates fixed by concerned State Government or actual, whichever may be less. If State Government has not notified such rates in any ECHS City, the rates prescribed by ICMR are applicable till rates are notified by State Government.
3. It is once again reiterated that all ECHS empanelled hospitals, which are notified as COVID-19 hospitals by State Government shall provide treatment facilities to ECHS beneficiaries as per the ECHS norms and as per the rates prescribed above, for all COVID related treatments.
4. Similarly, it is again reiterated that all the ECHS empanelled hospitals, which are not notified as COVID-19 hospitals shall not deny treatment facilities/ admission to ECHS beneficiaries and shall charge as per CGHS norms, for all other treatments.
5. Suitable action shall be taken in case of violation of the guidelines.
6. ECHS empanelled healthcare organizations (HCOs) shall perform the treatment/ test on cashless basis in respect of ECHS beneficiaries and submit the bills to ECHS through UTI-ITSL. The reimbursement for the cost of expenditure on the test at approved rate shall be reimbursed.
7. These orders come into effect from the date of issue of this letter.
(Anupam N Adhaulia)
for MD ECHS