Railway Transforming of Awards 2023
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
Sub: Transforming of Awards
Every year, Railway Week is celebrated from 10th to 16th April. During the Central Function, Award is presented to selected Officers / staff for their exemplary, outstanding and meritorious performance. Railway Week Award for Outstanding service is the prestigious lifetime award.
2. The entire award eco-system conferred by Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) has been revised and the following has been decided w.r.t. Award at Ministry of Railways level given during Railway Week from the year 2023 onwards:
a) National Railways Award is renamed as
b) Number of awardees is restricted to maximum 100 numbers.
c) Cash component is withdrawn except in posthumous cases, which would be Rs.50,000/- per case.
d) Silver Medal & Merit Certificate will be presented to the awardees.
e) List of awardees will be notified on 16th April of every year.
f) Following timelines shall be adhered to as per the following schedule:
|For year 2023
|From year 2024 onwards
|on 1st Jan
|Last date of self-nomination
|Shortlisting & forwarding to Board by Zonal / PU level committee
|Shortlisting by Board’s committee
|Notification of list of Awardees
g) e-self nomination will be allowed through Human Resource Management System (HRMS) portal from year 2024 onwards.
h) Details of screening committees will be made available in public domain.
i) Existing system of presentation of rollover shields to Zonal Railways for excellence in particular field will continue.
3. Nominations of Officers / Staff for being considered for grant of 2023 have been called for from Railways/ PUs/ Other Unit. Accordingly, nominations of Officers / Staff for grant of 2023 in Board’s Office (in Annexure-II-IV) is invited for further consideration by Board as per the guidelines indicated at Annexure-I. Schedule, venue and other details for actual presentation function would be communicated separately.
4. In case more than one nomination is being made a summary sheet, as per Annexure-IV, indicating name, designation, category, Mobile number, DOB and email-id may invariably be attached along with forwarding note addressed to Secretary/RB.
5. Annexure-I, II, III & IV of this letter are available on IR official website under the link O&M of Secretary’s branches for information.
6. Nominations complete in all respects and as per Category (not as per Directorate or Gazetted / non-gazetted) may be forwarded to US / O&M at email@example.com.
7. Last date for forwarding the soft copy of nominations viz 30.04.2023 be strictly adhered to.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Room No. 227, 2nd Floor, Railway Board
Guidelines for Sending Nominations for 2023
(For Railway Board)
1. Category under which Nomination to be sent:-
|New Innovations / processes / procedures leading to economies in expenditure, improvement in productivity, import substitution etc.
|Meritorious acts even in disregard to personal safety leading to protection of life and property on Railways
|Special efforts made to increase earnings and to tackle ticketless travel, thefts, etc.
|Exemplary work done to improve operations, security and safety, better maintenance and utilization of assets
|Completion of projects etc. in record time
|Outstanding performance in the field of sports, leading to national / intemational recognition
|Outstanding performance in any other field
Note: Nomination of official / staff may be restricted to any one of above seven categories.
2. Brief Citation / write up in respect of category under which nomination(s) is being made be indicated in the proforma at relevant columns. Nominations be made for the work done upto 31st December 2022 only. The citation should indicate the exceptional points with respect to category for which nomination is being made.
3. Nominations should be made only in favour of Officers/Staff working in the field, unless an exception in real sense could be made in respect of Officers / Staff working in Offices. Accordingly, really deserving employees meriting recognition at National level may only be nominated from Board’s Office.
4. Group ’C’ and erstwhile Group ‘D’ categories of Railway staff may normally be nominated. In exceptional cases, Officers upto JA Grade / Selection Grade, who have done exemplary work may also be nominated. However, officers above the Selection Grade may not be nominated as scheme does not cover officers above the level of Selection Grade. However, Selection Grade officers in non-functional SAG are also eligible provided they remain in SG till 16th April, 2023
5. No recommendation for Group Award be sent as Group Awards are neither considered nor given during the Central Function/ Ati Vishisht Rail Seva Puraskar Presentation function.
6. Ati Vishisht Rail Seva Puraskar is a life time award, as such names of those officers/ staff who have received the award (Railway Week National Award/National Railways Award) once in the past should normally not be nominated again except in case where some exemplary commendable performance has been shown by the employee. An undertaking in this regard as per Annexure-III is to be invariably obtained from the concerned employee that in the past whether he/ she has received / been selected in past for Railway Week National Award/ National Railways Award or not. Nomination without undertaking will not be processed.
7. In case Official being nominated is not working under the roll of ERB-1, II or V or is not drawing salary from Railway Board or their service particulars are not being maintained at Board Office, then prior to forwarding their nominations, their D&AR and / Vigilance clearance be also obtained from their controlling unit and be enclosed with the nomination form. It is also clarified that in case there is any change in the Vigilance/ DAR status of such nominee in the intervening period between the date of forwarding nominations to Secy/RB and the date of award, the same may also be advised to JS/ RB.
8. In case more than one nomination is being sent by a Directorate or by HAG or higher level officer, a summary sheet, as per Annexure-IV, indicating name, designation, category, Mobile number and email-id may invariably be attached along with forwarding note being addressed to Secretary/RB.
9. Colour Passport size photographs ( minimum 3.5 x 4.5 cm) should be uploaded ( for soft copy) and pasted at the place indicated in the proforma for PDF copy.
10. No abbreviations should be used and no column be left blank while filling in the proforma.
11. Details of the pay level (as per 7th Pay Commission) of the nominee should be clearly indicated. In addition, with regard to Gazetted Officers, their Grade (Group ’B’/Jr. Scale/Sr. Scale/ JAG/SG orNFSAG) should invariably be indicated.
12. Nomination to be forwarded is to be category wise as mentioned at serial number 1 (one) above and not as per Directorate or Gazetted/Non-Gazetted wise. Shortlisting of nomination would be as per category under which nomination has been made. No hard copy of nominations is to be sent. Only soft copy (one in PDF -not editable) and other in MS- Word (editable format) with font type “Times New Roman” in size 14 is to be sent.
13. The minimum level at which the nomination is to be approved/ forwarded for consideration is PED/HAG level.
14. Last date for forwarding nominations in soft copy to US/O&M at email@example.com by 30.04.2023,