6 Day Work Week on Rotation Schedule from May 18 in Tamil Nadu Govt Offices
6 Working Days in a Week on Schedule with 50% Staff in Tamil Nadu Govt Offices from 18-05-2020
Public Services – COVID-19 – Functioning of Government offices with six day week – Ensuring Social distancing with half the work force at any given point of time – Orders – Issued.
Revenue and Disaster Management (PM-II)Department
G.O.(Ms) No. 172, Revenue and Disaster Management Department, Dated, 25.03.2020
G.O.(Ms) No. 217, Revenue and Disaster Management Department, Dated, 03.05.2020
During the period of lock down due to Covid-19 pandemic, the working strength of all Government offices was kept at a maximum of 33% as per Notification dated 03.05.2020 second read above.
2. From 18.05.2020, in order to have regular functioning of Government offices by maintaining social distancing in offices, the Government direct that all Government offices shall function with half the work force in any given day. In addition, in order to compensate the working hours already lost, the Government direct that a system of six-day working week including Saturdays as working days, with present office timings be brought into force.
3. Accordingly, the Government direct to bring in the following system of office functioning in all Government offices with effect from 18.05.2020
i. six-day working week including Saturdays as working days, with present office timings;
ii. all Government offices shall function with half the work force (i.e., 50%);
iii. in the start of a week,
- first batch shall work for 2 days at a stretch (Monday & Tuesday) and the
- second batch shall work for the next 2 days (Wednesday & Thursday) followed by the
- first batch for the next 2 days (Friday & Saturday);
iv. in the subsequent week, second Batch shall work for 2 days at a stretch (Monday & Tuesday) and the first batch shall work for the next 2 days (Wednesday & Thursday) followed by the second batch for the next 2 days (Friday & Saturday).
v. notwithstanding the above alternate working system, the staff on off-duty shall also attend office if called for at any point of time;
vi. All Group ‘A’ Officers i.e., all staff in posts drawing level of pay from Rs.59,300 – 1,87,700 to Rs. 1,28,900 – 2,25,000 (levels 25 to 32 in the pay matrix) and all Head of Offices (irrespective of level in the pay matrix) shall attend office on all working days;
vii. A system of level-jumping in the submission of files in the reporting hierarchy shall be put in place by the Head of the Department, if necessary;
viii. All officers / staff members shall always be available for official work and accessible through any electronic mode of communication;
ix. this system of office functioning shall be followed in all Government offices from Secretariat to district / field level office including Commissions, Boards, Corporations, Universities, Companies, Institutions, Societies etc., of the State Government;
x. the departments / offices such as Police, Health, District Administration, Treasury, Local Bodies etc., shall continue to function as per the orders issued in G.O. (Ms) No.172, Revenue & Disaster Management Department, dated 25.03.2020.
4. Necessary bus transport arrangements will be made. The above orders shall be followed scrupulously, until further orders.
(By order of the Governor)
CHIEF SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT