No. 12/1/2011-CS.I1 (B) Government of Iildia
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
CS.II (B) Section
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-ll0003
Dated: 26th August, 2015
Subject: Draft Extended Select List of 2003 in the UDC Grade- Status regarding. passing of typing test as envisaged in CSCS Rules, 1962
The undersigned is directed to refer to Department of Personnel and Training’s O.M. of even number dated 19th June, 2015 on the subject mentioned above vide which the draft extended Select List of 2003 in the UDC Grade was circulated for seeking comments of various
2. As per third Schedule ofCSCS Rules, 1962, the eligibility criterion for promotion to the grade ofUDC is as under:
“Officers of the Lower Division Grade in that cadre who have successfully completed the probation and have passed the typewriting test or have been exempted, in accordance with the procedure prescribed by the Central Government from passing it and who have rendered not less than eight years of approved service in that Grade and are within the range of seniority subject to rejection of the unfit”.
3. As per the eligibility criteria explained in para 2 above, the LDCs who had completed 8 years approved service as on 1.7.2003 and had passed the typewriting test or had been exempted from type test were eligible for inclusion in the Select List-2003 of UDC grade. Thus, those LDCs who had passed the type test or who were exempted from type test after 30.6.2004 (after the end of period of Select List 2003) were not eligible for inclusion in SL-2003 for UDC grade.
4. The grade of UDC is a de-centralised grade. It is, therefore, the duty of cadre units to check and verify the eligibility of officials before their cases are placed before respective DPCs and their promotion orders are issued. However, on compilation of data received from the cadre units, it has been observed that a number of officials have been appointed to the grade of UDC on the basis of Select List of 2003 in the •UDC Grade (extended) even though they.had not passed the type test on or before 30-06-2004 or were not exempted from the type test on or before 30-06-2004. All these officials should have been included in the Select List in which they have passed the type test or were exempted from the same.
5. All the cadre units are, therefore, requested to furnish the correct information about the officials who are included in SL-2003 (extended) but have passed the type test or were exempted from type test after 30-06-2004 latest by 31st August, 2015 positively at firstname.lastname@example.org so that Select List of 2003 in the UDC Grade may be finalized. In case of ‘nil’ information, cadre units are requested to intimate this division to that effect by the due date.
6. A copy of the Seniority List of the Grade of LDC as on 1.1.2004 may also be sent for finalization of seniority of the officials included in the Select List of 2003 (extended) in the UDC Grade.
Cadre Units of CSCS (As per annexure)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India