Dopt Orders on LTC dt. 24.4.2018 – Emergency Passage Concession
“Allowance & Special Facilities for civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States and Union Territories of the North-Eastern Region and in the Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands”
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-IV Desk
North Block New Delhi,
Dated April 24,2018
Subject: LTC facilities to the Civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States of the North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of State of Jammu & Kashmir and in Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands — Implementation of recommendations of 7th CPC.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Department of Expenditure’s No.11(2)/97-E.II(B) dated 22nd July, 1998, regarding Allowance & Special Facilities for civilian employees of the Central Government serving in States and Union Territories of the North-Eastern Region and in the Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep Group of Islands.
2. The aforesaid O.M.provided the option of availing every year Home Town LTC (for self and family) to a Government servant serving in North-Eastern Region, Andaman &
Nicobar and Lakshadweep groups of Islands who leaves his farmy behind at old headquarters or another selected place of residence, and who has not availed of transfer traveling allowance far family. In addition, two additional passages undef “Emergency Passage Concession” is also provided to the employees posted in these regions to enable them and/or their families [spouse and two dependent children to travel either to the Home Town or the station of posting in an emergency.
3. The Seventh Pay Commission has recommended that splitting of hometown LTC should allowed in case of employees posted in North East, Ladakh and Island territories of Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshadweap. This will enable these employees and their families to meet more often.
4. Consequent upon acceptance of recommendations of Seventh Pay Commission, it has been decided that a civilian Central Government servant serving in North-Eastern Region, Ladakh region of State of Jammu & Kashmir, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep groups of Islands, who leaves his family behind at ttp old headquarters or another selected place of residence and has not availed of transfer travelling allowance for family, shall be provided with the following options for the purpose of LTC:
(i) The Government servant may avail LTC for joumey ta the Home Town once in a block period of two years andlor one ‘Anywhere in India’ LTC in a block af four years under the normal LTC rules.
(ii) In lieu thereof, the Government servant may avail the facility for himself/herself to travel once a year from the station of posting to the Horne Town or the place where the family is residing and for family [restricted only to the spouse and dependent children as per the ‘family’ definition of CCS(LTC), Rules, 19881 to travel once a year to visit the Government servant at the station of posting.
5. In addition, Central Government employees and their families posted in these territories shall be entitled to avail of the Leave Travel Concession, In emergencies, on two additional occasions during their entire service Career. This shall be termed as “Emergency Passage Concession” and is intended to enable the Central Government employees and/or their families (restricted only to spouse and dependent children) to travel either to the Horne Town or the station Of posting ir an emergency The two additional passages under the Emergency Passage Concession shall be availed by the entitled mode and Glass of travel as admissible under the normal Leave Travel Concession Rules.
6. This O.M. will take effect from July 1, 2017.
7.Hindi version will follow.
Deputy Secretary to the Government at India