General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE) for filling up 25% of the Direct Recruitment Quota vacancies for all the Zonal Railways: Railway Board Order No. 80/2023
RBE No 80/2023
भारत सरकार/GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
रेल मंत्रालय/MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
(रेलवे बोर्ड/RAILWAY BOARD)
New Delhi, dated 20.06.2023
The General Manager (P),
All Zonal Railways only.
Sub: General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE) for filling up 25% of the Direct Recruitment Quota vacancies -reg.
It has been decided to conduct GDCE in critical safety categories in a centralized manner for all the Zonal Railways, the instructions with respect to which are as under:
(1) 25% of direct recruitment vacancies including vacancies accruing in the assessment period from 01.07.2023 to 01.07.2025 in the following specified safety categories of Zonal Railways, shall be earmarked for recruitment through GDCE. The GDCE examination is proposed to be held by a Centralized agency as per the examination pattern for these categories by RRBs, details of which will be shared in due course.
(2) Applications may be invited from eligible serving regular employees, including from the related PUs, as per extant norms, for the critical safety categories of Zonal Railways (other than Workshops) viz. Assistant Loco Pilots, Technicians, Junior Engineers and Train Managers.
(3) All RRCs will publish a single notification on their websites by 15.07.23 giving one month time to employees for applying against the above assessed vacancies, notified as below.
|Date of Publication of Notification on website||15/07/2023|
|Opening Date & Time for ONLINE Registration & Filling of Application||15/07/2023|
|Closing Date & Time for ONLINE Registration & Filling of Application||14/08/2023 at 23:59 Hrs|
(4) Examination pattern for the recruitments for these categories will be similar to that of RRBs and will entail common examinations for Technicians and ALPs (1st Group), Junior Engineers of various departments (2nd Group) and Train Managers (3rd Group)
(5) Common examinations will entail seeking options from employees about the educational stream in which they would like to appear and also preference for different categories of Technicians and Junior Engineers of various departments for which the employees apply as per their educational qualification. A template to be notified on the RRB pattern will be shared shortly.
(6) All Railways are directed to ensure that the time line for notification and invitation of applications are adhered without fail and to be in readiness with details of eligible applicants in each category & Group by 01.10.23
(7) The details of examination, schedule of submission of data to Examination Conducting Agency (ECA), the date of issue of Admit Card etc. will be advised in due course. A unified calendar for all the recruitment activities is envisaged to be done by a common agency, details of which will be shared with the Zonal Railways in due course.
(8) It may be ensured that in case adequate suitable candidates are not available through this GDCE, vacancies remaining are added to the DR quota vacancies planned to be filled in near future. The above directions may be followed strictly and compliance report may be provided periodically to this office.
Hindi version will follow.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director Estt.(N)
Ph. No. 43658/01123303658
Source: Railway Board
What is GDCE in Railway Recruitment?
The GDCE exam, which stands for the General Departmental Competitive Exam is conducted by the RRB, also known as Railway Recruitment Board in order to recruit eligible and regularly serving employees of the railway.
Who is Eligible for GDCE in Railways?
The upper age limit will be 42 years for General candidates, 45 years for OBC candidates and 47 years for SC/ST candidates as per Railway Board letter No. E (NG)I-2000/PM2/12 dt. 21.08.2001 (RBE No. 165/2001).