Dearness Relief admissible to the CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment in the 5th CPC series shall be enhanced w.e.f 01.07.2021. Central Government employees who had retired on CPF benefits before 18.11.1960 and are in receipt of Ex-gratia payment of Rs. 654/-, Rs.659/-, Rs.703/- and Rs.965/-.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3 Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi – 110003
Dated 20th Sept,2021
Sub:- Grant of Dearness Relief in the 5th CPC series effective from 01.07.2021 to CPF beneficiaries in receipt of basic ex-gratia payment-reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) OM No. 1/1/2020-E-II(B) dated 23.04.2020 vide which installments of dearness relief to CPF due from 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021 were frozen and to say that the President is pleased to decide that the Dearness Relief admissible to the CPF beneficiaries in receipt of ex-gratia payment in the 5th CPC series shall be enhanced w.e.f 01.07.2021 in the following manner :-
(i) The surviving CPF beneficiaries who have retired from service between the period 18.11.1960 and 31.12.1985, and are entitled to basic ex-gratia @ Rs.3000, Rs.1000, Rs.750 & Rs.650 for Group A, B, C & D respectively w.e.f. 4th June, 2013 vide OM No. 1/10/2012-P&PW(E) dtd. 27th June, 2013 shall now be entitled to enhanced Dearness Relief from 312% of the basic ex-gratia to 356% of the basic ex-gratia w.e.f 01.07.2021.
(ii) The following categories of CPF beneficiaries shall be entitled to enhanced Dearness Relief from 304% of the basic ex-gratia to 348% of the basic ex-gratia w.e.f 01.07.2021:-
(a) The widows and eligible children of the deceased CPF beneficiary who had retired from service prior to 1.1.1986 or who had died while in service prior to 1.1.1986 and are entitled to revised ex-gratia @ Rs.645/-p.m w.e.f 04th June, 2013 vide OM No 1/10/2012-P&PW(E) dated 27th June,2013.
(b) Central Government employees who had retired on CPF benefits before 18.11.1960 and are in receipt of Ex-gratia payment of Rs. 654/-, Rs.659/-, Rs.703/- and Rs.965/-.
2. The increase subsumes the additional installments arising on 01.01.2020, 01.07.2020 and 01.01.2021. The rate of Dearness Relief, earlier determined vide this Department’s OM No. 42/04/2019-P&PW(D) dated 03.12.2019, shall remain at 312% of the basic ex-gratia for categories mentioned in para (i) above and 304% of the basic ex-gratia for the categories mentioned in para (ii) above for the period from 01.01.2020 till 30.06.2021.
3. Payment of DR involving a fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee.
4. It will be the responsibility of the pension disbursing authorities, including the nationalized banks, etc. to calculate the quantum of DR payable in each individual case.
5. In their application to the persons belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issue under Article 148(5) of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
6. This issues in pursuance of Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM No. 1/3(2)/2008-E.1I(B) dated 13th August, 2021
7. Hindi version will follow.
Under Secretary to the Government of India