Advance Payment of Salary On Account of Onam Festival 2023
- Disbursement of salary / wages / pension to the CG Employees / Pensioners in Kerala and Maharashtra on 25.08.2023 and 27.09.2023 on account of ONAM Festival and Ganpati Festival respectively
F. No. TA-2-03002(2)/1/2020/TA-II/(E-3001)/325
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E Block, GPO Complex
INA, New Delhi-110023
Subject: Disbursement of salary / wages / pension to the Central Government Employees / Pensioners in the State of Kerala for the month of August, 2023 on account of ONAM festival and in the State of Maharashtra for the month of September 2023 on account of Ganpati Festival-reg.
In view of the ‘ONAM’ and ‘Ganpati’ festival, the Government have decided that the salary / wages / pension of all Central Government employees in the State of Kerala for the month of August 2023 and in the state of Maharashtra for the month of September 2023 may be drawn and disbursed by the Central Government offices (including Defence, Posts & Telecommunications) as per the following dates:-
(i) Kerala – 25-08-2023 (Friday)
(ii) Maharashtra – 27-09-2023 (Wednesday)
- The wages of the industrial employees of the Central Government serving in the State of Kerala and Maharashtra may also be disbursed in advance as per the dates given above.
- The pension of all Central Government Pensioners in the State of Kerala / Maharashtra may also be disbursed by Bank / PAOs as per the dates given above.
- The salary / wages / pension so disbursed is to be treated as advance payments and will be subject to adjustment after the full month’s salary / wages / pension of each employee / pensioner is determined. The adjustment, if any, will be made without exception from the salary / wages / pension of the month of August / September 2023.
- The concerned Ministries / Departments are requested to bring these instructions to the notice of their offices located in the State of Kerala / Maharashtra for necessary action immediately.
- Reserve Bank of India is requested to bring these instructions to the notice of all paying branches of all Banks located in the State of Kerala / Maharashtra for necessary action immediately.
(Shailendra Kumar )
Joint Controller General of Accounts(TA)