Verification of Online Applications of Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022 by the CBSE Affiliated Schools
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION
No.76/ Sship/ CBSE/ 2022
The Principals / Heads of the CBSE Affiliated Schools
(Through CBSE website)
Subject: Verification of online applications of Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022 by the CBSE affiliated Schools -reg.
The CBSE Provide the Single Girl Child Scholarship to the Single Girl Child students of CBSE affiliated school and passed class X from the School affiliated with CBSE with 60% marks in first five subjects. The scheme was started by the CBSE from the year 2006.
Online applications are invited from the eligible candidates for the Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022 and Single Girl Child Scholarship 2021 (Renewal 2022). Candidate can apply directly through the Scholarship portal available on CBSE website https://cbse.gov.in -> Scholarship
Schools are requested to go through the guidelines of Single Girl Child Scholarship X-2022, available on CBSE website, and process the online application submitted by their students.
- The Single Girl Child passed class X from the School affiliated with CBSE and pursuing her education at class XI and XII in CBSE affiliated schools.
- The girl students who are the only child of their parents and who have scored 60% or more marks (in first five subjects) in class X are eligible for the award of scholarship.
- Monthly tuition fee should not exceed Rs. 1,500/- pm in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.
- The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e. successful completion of class XI and student have scored 50% or more marks in Class XI and promoted to class XII.
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
- NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs.6, 000/- per month.
- A Scholar, under the scheme, while availing scholarship can also enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying.
The candidates may apply online for the single Girl Child Scholarship and the schools will be required to verify the application forms of the students of their school. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has Scholarship portal wherein the schools may login and verify the applications.
Schedule of Submission & Processing of Single Girl Child Scholarship X-2022 online application:
|Submission of online application by applicant
|Verification of application by school
* School must finish the verification of application by 21.11.2022 in any case.
How to Verify:-
- School can login through link provided at https://cbse.gov.in -> Scholarship.
- Enter school’s existing credential as used for various examination activities.
- After login, a list of application will be shown of the applicant’s belonging to school.
- Check the details of the applicant and select Approved or Rejected, as the case may be, after proper verification of application against the scholarship eligibility guidelines.
- Upon updating the status the same will be visible to applicant.
- Once the details are verified and status updated, further changes cannot be made.
- Student can also follow up with school in case of application is being shown pending.
Note: No offline application / hardcopy of request for scholarship will be accepted.
The Guidelines of the scheme are available on the CBSE website under scholarship portal. The schools are advised to motivate their Single Girl Child students who fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply online for the scholarship.