Salient Features Of Shagun Web Portal
Shagun Web Portal
Shagun Portal CBSE
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
DEPARTMENT OF SCHOOL EDUCATION & LITERACY
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 229
TO BE ANSWERED ON 18.11.2019
Shagun Web Portal
229. SHRIPARBUBHAI NAGARBHAI VASAVA:
Will the Minister of HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT be pleased to state:
(a) the salient features of “Shagun” web portal of the Government;
(b) the details of funds to be allocated under the said programme across the country including the State of Gujarat;
(c) whether the Government has linked the website of all the schools under it;
(d) if so, the details thereof and the reasons therefor;
(e) the details of the target fixed under the same; and
(f) the number of States likely to be linked with this programme in the beginning along with the details thereof?
ANSWER – MINISTER OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (SHRI RAMESH POKHRIYAL ‘NISHANK’)
(a) The salient features of School Education Shagun Online Junction of all portals and websites relating to the Department of School Education & Literacy, States and Union Territories (UTs) is as under:
- Junction has more than 80 portals and websites which include those on schemes, autonomous bodies, monitoring apps & portals and the school education related website of the States and UTs.
- Enable access to web resources relating to school education in a holistic manner.
- Single platform to access all e-learning material thereby making it easier for students and teachers to make an informed choice.
- Bring focus on the Student, the Teacher, the Principle, and the School -entities which have lost their relevance in the mesh of multiple and siloed structure of the information system. Also, enable availability of information on thematic issues.(b) No separate fund has been allocated for the above programme.
(c) & (d): At present, websites of all the schools under Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS), Navadoya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) have been linked through their respective KVS and NVS websites. Except this few websites of all the Schools affiliated with Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) have been linked with CBSE Affiliation website, however the details of all the CBSE schools is present on this website. Presently, websites of schools under States and UTs are not linked.
KVS Websites URL :
https://kvs. gov.in/ about-kvs/directories/kvs-directory
NVS Websites URL :
CBSE Affiliated Schools:
States & UTs :
http:// seshagun. gov. in/ states_uts
(e) No target has been fixed.
(f) Does not arise in respect of reply of part (e)
Source: LOK SABHA